Thursday, February 2, 2012

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 24 now. Every year, my parents would celebrate birthday with me. Being a small little kid, I never really appreciate it untill the later part of my life. I used to think that birthdays mean so much to everyone until yesterday I feel like it's not that important anymore again. Birthday is an another day in your life. The most important thing is how you live for every single day. By the end of this year I have vowed to myself to make a major change in my life. Come February 1st 2012, I plan to look back at January as the end of one journey in my life and the start of another.

Well, a bunch of friends gave me a surprise at midnight while I was sleeping. The night before 12am, I was listening to music and I slept afterwards. Suddenly, someone was knocking my door as if wanna break the door into pieces. I ignored it at first, but i heard Kean Tatt's voice "Let's go Alibaba for supper, there is no electricity". Ok, it sounded weird but I grasp my tee and searching for my specs which I didn't know where I threw in the dark. My face was still in the sleeping mode. Unfortunately, I failed to escape myself from the cameras. After that, they played mahjong until around 4am. I was totally exhausted and I slept until very late in the next morning.

Birthday is supposed to be a very happy day. However, I've mostly spent my time on my bed. Ehm, this is my loneliest birthday. Is this indicating I have no close friends? I think most probably yes, I shoul not ask myself such a stupid question which I know it can make me feel so uneasy. I suddenly missed my home a lot. Surprisingly, I only received a few birthday wishes in my phone this year. I felt very lazy to complete my PBL homework. I logged in facebook and liked all the birthday wishes. I was thinking how nice would it be if someone can accompany me the place that I wish to go. Again, reading messages from my form 5 friends and a lot of memories pop out from my mind. They were the longest messages and really touched my deeply. They brought me to the time when I was in secondary school. When can we meet up again?

The day is so long and I start to hate it. Luckily, I have a new wife be with me when I feel that the world is so boring. It's my new smartphone!!! I purposely went to Ipoh to get it. I have been struggling for so long when choosing the devices and data plan. I was so excited when I get it on hands. I have spent all my angpao money just to buy a Samsung galaxy SII and I treated it as my birthday gift for myself since I have no birthday gift in this year.

So what can I say is that, birthdays is not that special in my life, the birthday cake is not so important, the biology clock is even more unimportant. What is really important is that we can be happy just by going through our daily life, with or without health and wealth, that is something that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment